miércoles, 25 de enero de 2012

Star Blog. Episode II: Meet my thesis



Be welcome once again. Now it’s my turn to talk to you a little about my thesis. As a Mass Media student and film lover, I wanted to learn a little bit more about one of the most common ways of making movies: animation.

My thesis is about producing an animated short film based on a Neil Gaiman novel over Tim Burton’s directing style. In this case, I’m acquiring more knowledge about the three things that I love the most and feel most passionate about.

I grew up watching animated films, specially, Walt Disney Pictures movies. I used to like Aladdin, The Beauty and The Beast, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, etc. One that really caught my attention was The Jungle Book. That´s how I got to Neil Gaiman, who wrote a book based on that story: The Graveyard Book.

In The Graveyard Book, the main character is not a boy raised by animal son a jungle, but a boy raised by the dead on a cemetery. This idea is similar to the movies of one of my favorite directors: Tim Burton, creator of films such as Nightmare before Christmas or Corpse Bride.

My wish is to apply the same esthetic as Burton on the story that I’ll create... based on Neil Gaiman’s novel. I think it’s something that fits right to it. Working with animation is not going to be an easy task, mainly because we’re not taught on how to animate in the career. Nevertheless, it’s a risk that I’m willing to take. I will maybe get much stressed, but I know that at the end, I will be happy and satisfied.

Then, please, dear readers, wish me luck on this upcoming project. And now let the magic begins… See you next entry.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario